WELCOME

This blog follows both my personal and professional life, featuring my children, photography jobs, and of course, my love for animals. It's basically my own personal photo album combined with an information source for my clients. This site is very informal and allows me to share a little bit of my personality with you. :)

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Family Vacation Day 3 - Ennis, Virginia City and Livingston, MT

Okay so on Day 3 I don't have any pictures of us because we were in the car the entire day. I would have to say this day was my favorite part of the trip. I LOVE ghost towns and old mining towns and we couldn't have gone to a much better one than Virginia City, Montana. I had so much fun checking it all out. The cemetery was way awesome!!! Oh and also, I got some nice landscape shots...We also went to Ennis where I saw this gorgeous coat for only $160 which sounds like a lot, but it was knee length leather with real fur trim and lining. I am still kicking myself for not buying it...ENJOY!

A Bald Eagle just chilllin in a tree along the road...
Lots and lots of antelope...I just thought this guy was in the best lighting and field...The old brewery in Virginia City...The cemetery...Boot Hill...this is where the gang was buried after being hung...The old town...And of course, I had to get a doorknob for my doorknob series...Another red barn..lolFor dinner we went to Livingston, Montana at this amazing restaurant, Montana's Rib & Chop House. It is in the historic district of Livingston and was sooooo AMAZING! If you are ever in Livingston make sure you stop here to eat.

7 comments:

Allison Evans Brown said...

Thanks for your comment...but WOW, your photos are amazing. And I LOVE your header photo. It's gorgeous! I'm speechless!

For a minute there I thought you had taken photos of Tombstone, as it looks a lot like that, but I was like, "That can't be Tombstone, it never snows there!" Tombstone has a cool cemetary too. Some of the things that tombstones say are hilarious too! Like, "Here Lies Lester Moore, shot by a .44, no Lester Moore".

Anyways, I'll stop blabbing.

I love your work!

Are you self taught? Or did you take classes?

I love photography and I like to take photos and such and play around with actions on my photoshop. But I don't have the time to really get into it (nor do I have the best photo--you can check out my personal blog for proof).

Have a good week!

cstenney said...

Wow your kids are getting big. It amazes me how fast they grow up. Hailey Is so pretty!!! Her eyes are beautiful, so are Kenyan's. cute, cute kids. You look like you had fun on your trip. Your pics look great!!!

Melissa Papaj Photography said...

Thank you Allison! I have never been to Tombstone. I bet it is awesome though. Where is it?

I went to school with NYIP and have taken some small classes but a ton of it has been selt taught.

Thanks so much for your comments!

Melissa Papaj Photography said...

Hi Candace! We definitely had a great time! Thanks so much for commenting!

Nicole said...

Your pictures are awesome.

Just seeing them makes me wanting to go there.

Melissa Papaj Photography said...

Thanks so much Nicole!

Michelle said...

The old town looks awesome all covered in snow. We took a vacation to Montana in June, but it was too dang hot to enjoy the outdoors much. I would like to go back in the winter.