WELCOME

This blog follows both my personal and professional life, featuring my children, photography jobs, and of course, my love for animals. It's basically my own personal photo album combined with an information source for my clients. This site is very informal and allows me to share a little bit of my personality with you. :)

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day - Snowbasin

We had a lovely Valentine's Day this year (as always, my husband never ceases to amaze me). In the morning, I went and took pictures of the cutest Valentine's Party (stay tuned for fun pics), after I got done with that I came home, opened my Valentine's from the kids (I got a pair of princess cut diamond earrings from Hailey and a massage from Kenyon), and we went and saw the in-love's and brought them their Valentine's.  The kids were happy to see Grandma and Papa.  After, that Matt and I got ready and went up to a really nice dinner at Snowbasin. We rode the gondola up to the lodge at the top and had a nice five-course meal.  We went there two Valentine's ago and had much better service, but it was still nice.  They had a photographer there taking pics and he came over and we talked photography for a little while.  Romance must have been in the air, he told us about a couple that got engaged in the gondola on the way up and then while we were sitting there waiting for our food, the cutest couple across from us got engaged. It was so cute to watch him get down on one knee and propose to her! They had a server mix-up and forgot about us and another couple's table for forty minutes before they took our order.   Overall, it was such a wonderful day! ENJOY!

Before the gondola ride up to the lodge...
Our menu...
WHAT I HAD

Amuse-bouche
Duck Confit 
Duck Confit with Sweet Potato Gaufrettes, Candied Orange Slice, and Sweet Potato Mousse 

Appetizer
Wild Mushroom Creme Brule
Wild Mushroom infused Creme Brule with Carmelized Onion Jam with Sauteed White Asparagus, Micro Greens, and a Capicollo Crisp

Intermezzo
Champagne Sorbet
Raspberry infused Campagne Sorbet in a Salted Almond Tuille with Fresh Mint

Entree
Classic Surf and Turf
Lobster Tail and Organic Beef Tenderloin, Gorgonzola Potato Fondant and Vegetable Strands Red Wine Reduction

Dessert
Asian Melange
Sweet Sushi with Mango and Strawberries, Green Tea Truffles, with an Alcohol-Free Lychee Cordial

WHAT MATT HAD

Amuse-bouche
Duck Confit 
Duck Confit with Sweet Potato Gaufrettes, Candied Orange Slice, and Sweet Potato Mousse 

Appetizer
Cornucopia of Atlantic Lump Crab
A Savory Cornucopia stuffed with large, Atlantic Lump Crabmeat with Orange Segments, Micro Grewens, Mousseline Sauce

Intermezzo
Champagne Sorbet
Raspberry infused Campagne Sorbet in a Salted Almond Tuille with Fresh Mint

Entree
Classic Surf and Turf
Lobster Tail and Organic Beef Tenderloin, Gorgonzola Potato Fondant and Vegetable Strands Red Wine Reduction

Dessert
Lolli Trio
Amaretto Cheesecake Lolli, Chocolate Kahlua Lolli covered in Caramel and roasted Pecans, Carmelized Apricot Lolli

Matt's appetizer...
My appetizer...
My dessert...
Matt's dessert...
A close-up of my dessert...
Us at our table...

14 comments:

Sig said...

Wow, beautiful photos, I sure do wish you lived near me to shoot my family!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

What a wonderful date! And of course great pics- came over from SITS! Love your blog!

Small House said...

Great Valentine's day at Snow Basin. DANG...I wanted to take our kids the Monster Jam. Looks like it was a lot of fun.
Stopped by from SITS.
Have a great day.
Sandra

Marrdy said...

Saw you were #1 at SITS today AND from Utah so I thought I'd check your blog out! Your photos are beautiful!

Laura said...

Stopping by from SITS. That food looks amazing!

NJDecorator said...

You are such a lovely couple and the evening sounds great. Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day...

Kelli said...

I am a SITS sister and also from Utah! The pictures of your Valentine date are absolutely beautiful!!!

Melissa Papaj Photography said...

Wow! Thanks everyone for your comments!

Ms Cupcake said...

Awesome photos!

Good morning sistas! It's one day until Friday!

I'm sponsoring a Mardi Gras contest on my blog. Lots of fun cupcake prizes. Grand Prize: Juicy Couture Pink Cupcake necklace.

Zen Cupcake: February 17, 2009: Mardi Gras Giveaway!

Make it a great day!

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Your pictures are amazing!! glad you had a great V-Day :)

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

Thanks for visiting my BPOTW. A *real* photographer viewed my "photo essay" ... yikes!

I looked at your wonderful Valentine's celebration and I'm wondering what I'll serve for dinner tonight ... I'm hungry already!

Dawn
She is Too Fond of Books

BPOTW said...

Beautiful, and delicious! Glad you had such a good time!

Thanks for sharing with BPOTW!

Vanessa Rogers said...

mmmm... I am drooling! The food looks great! I am sure it tasted even better.

Itani said...

Hi
Your images are breathtaking
your talent is inspiring
Thank you for sharing this great portfolio
All the best