WELCOME

This blog follows both my personal and professional life, featuring my children, photography jobs, and of course, my love for animals. It's basically my own personal photo album combined with an information source for my clients. This site is very informal and allows me to share a little bit of my personality with you. :)

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's That Time Again - Utah State Fair 2009

So, I know the state fair isn't for a couple of months, but I am posting them early, so I can make any final editing changes and process them a little at a time.  I am trying hard to decide which pictures to enter in the fair and what to title them. So in no particular order here they are. You can vote on your three favorite pictures and if you think of any creative names feel free to leave them in a comment on this entry.  The voting box will be on the side...ENJOY!  - P.S. If you think anything needs to be done differently on them feel free to tell me that also.  I LOVE helpful criticism!!!

1 - Butterfly 2
2 - Great Blue Heron
3 - Sunset Stroll
4 - Iguana
5 - I Heart You
6 - Mariah
7 - Isaac (I know this was one from last year's fair, but I didn't enter it and still LOVE it so much!)
8 - Joyous Day
9 - Key West Pier
10 - Life is a Beach
11 - Butterfly 1
12 - Morgan
13 - Olivia Ray
14 - Osprey
15 - Owl Eye
16 - "Fall"ing in Love
17 - Yellow Seahorse
18 - Superhero
19 - Vintage Wedding
20 - Wolf Eyes

17 comments:

Makeup Theory said...

Stopping over from SITS. Your pictures are beautiful. My fave were 1. Butterfly1
2. Isaac (he's soooo cute)
3. Owl eye

Good luck!

The Mendoza Family said...

Melissa, you are incredible!!! I LOOOVE the Owl pic. It's amazing. I liked #'s 16, 15, 10, 7, 1 & 2. Tough to pick!! I love the colors in #2, the bird with the snake or whatever. I love Isaac's pic, I love the setting. I love the heart shaped hands picture, but I don't think I'd enter that one. Good luck! I'm 100% sure you won't need it!

FranticMommy said...

WOW!! I am speechless. They are all fabulous. You are GOOD. I have to say the Great Horned Owl, The fist pic (grasshopper?) and the baby sleeping with toys in the background are my favorites. You have a GIFT. You're an excellent photographer!

Marla @ Stolen Bon Bons said...

I voted! But it was so hard to only pick 3, they are all beautiful.

Stopping by from SITS wishing you a wonderful day!

Tammy said...

I like number 7. Hi from the SITStahood.

The Lucky Mrs. T said...

Over from SITS. I love the photos. I too voted for the owl - and I love the Heron with the snake, but I picked the Life is a Beach for the pops of color. My third vote was for Falling in Love - it captures a private moment that can't be scripted. You have so many great ones to choose from. I will be back to check in on you! Great, Great site!

Robbie S.Redmon, LPC said...

Melissa, Okay...Is that owl real? How did you get that close? That's the one I vote for. I also like the yellow seahorse. You know, I hope you will be able to enter more than one..they are all so beautiful.

Rebecca Welch said...

I like 5, 11 and 15.

Pricilla said...

I came over from SITS. Your work is extraordinary!
I loved the heron shot - coming from the salt marshes of NJ I loved those birds. I was quite surprised to find them in fresh water rivers out here.

Owl eye was my second favorite. The detail in the feathers - just wow!

And I loved the osprey shot - I love to watch raptors fly.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

Scott Smith said...

My vote was cast, you have a lot of good ones to chose from. I had a hard time narrowing it down to three. Good luck at the Fair.

MM said...

All of these pictures are so beautiful, it's hard to choose! I like photo 16 because it's so sweet and you can totally feel the love.

Maricris Zen Mama said...

All of the pictures are G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S! I really admire your work. My fave is the Blue Heron. I'm so amazed at the clarity of your pictures! Can you recommend a camera that I can use for taking macro shots? Nothing fancy just something useful for my jewelry photos. Thanks!!!!

Kara said...

Wow, you are amazing! Every photo is fabulous, but I finally managed to narrow it down and vote. Good luck!

thatdesigngal said...

It was so hard to pick just three, they are sooo beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing! :D

Jill said...

Could I choose which one is my favorite??? No way! They are ALL amazing!

Jeve (aka John and Steve) said...

These are really great!

Saw this via Best Posts of the Week. Mine was featured too!

John
http://johnandstevearehavingababy.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Absolutely INCREDIBLE work!! Amazing.

I loved the Sunset Stroll, Iguana and the Owl Eye. With special attention to the brothers. Because it pulled on my heartstrings for my boys ;)

Good luck!