WELCOME

This blog follows both my personal and professional life, featuring my children, photography jobs, and of course, my love for animals. It's basically my own personal photo album combined with an information source for my clients. This site is very informal and allows me to share a little bit of my personality with you. :)

Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Attitude of Gratitude

I couldn't go to bed without writing a blog entry tonight.
I am not one to really write fancy or beautiful things - in fact - my writing skills STINK. But I definitely had to mention that I am grateful for so many things - more than I can even begin to list.

This year has been kind of a roller coaster ride - I have had a lot of high times and some lows...not too many lows, but the ones I have had haven't been the greatest. I was reading a quote from Buddha that said "Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we did get sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." I couldn't have used a better quote to describe my feelings.

As hard as this year has been with all of my health issues, I am grateful. Grateful that it's not worse than it is...though many things are still left unanswered, I am not dead or even close to dying and I have so much love and support from my family, friends and clients. What a wonderful thing to be grateful for...

Kenyon, my five year old son, came home from school the other day and said "Mom, what presents do we get on Thanksgiving?"

I replied, "Kenyon, we don't get presents on Thanksgiving, it's a day that we need to take extra special time out to thank God for all of our blessings...to tell Him all the things we are grateful for."

Kenyon replied, "Mom, I did that in school today. I was playing with a toy in the classroom and I looked up and thanked God for my school, my teacher and my toys."

This couldn't have taught me a better lesson. Today and many other days, I am grateful. Grateful to be a mom, a wife, a friend, a photographer, but more than anything - just to BE.

Thanks everyone for all of you love and support!

Also, I am thankful for this beautiful family...make sure you come back to see their amazing pictures :) For now, here's a sneak peek!

3 comments:

tami and todd said...

Beautiful post! How sweet that response was of Kenyon's, show's what a great mom you are to be teaching him so well! If that is your family picture then where are you in it?? Well, besides behind the camera ;)

bettyl said...

I know we all have things to be grateful for because things can always be worse than they are! Looks like Kenyon has the right idea!

hummer said...

You are a photographer who others drool over the pictures. I love your post. What a special little son. I am grateful for your post.
Thanks.
Frances