WELCOME

This blog follows both my personal and professional life, featuring my children, photography jobs, and of course, my love for animals. It's basically my own personal photo album combined with an information source for my clients. This site is very informal and allows me to share a little bit of my personality with you. :)

Saturday, November 14, 2009

A VERY Special Post...95 Years

Meet three of the most precious people in my life...my great grandmother, Della she just turned 95 in May, my Grandma Carol, one of my very, very best friends...we talk almost every single day, and last, my Uncle Dallas - one of my very favorite uncles.

When I arrived at Grandma's house to do their pictures, I walked down the hallway as my grandmother called my name. I opened the bedroom door and there stood my beautiful, elegant 95 year old great grandma. I couldn't help but hold back the tears at the sight of her. She looks amazing and has had a rough year - a very rough year. In August, she fell and broke her pelvis - something I thought would definitely shorten my great grandma's time here on earth, but to my surprise...here she stood...three intensive months of physical therapy and against all odds, she stood before me as I helped her put her beautiful earrings on her paper thin ears with tears streaming down my cheeks telling her how beautiful she is. I couldn't help but take a silent moment to give thanks to God for the blessing to still have her. I feel so greatful.
We still have yet to get a photograph of five generations...not just five generations, but five generations of women (any volunteers???) something I definitely need to do. :)

and my incredibly beautiful grandmother...
and my handsome "Uncle D".

4 comments:

jill stanger said...

i have watched my beautiful daughter melissa papaj bloom into a wonderful woman and photographer over the years ,melissa is so talented in anything she chooses to succeed in.she takes such beautiful photos of anyone or any thing (the work she does turns into a fantastic work of art what an accomplishment!!!!

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

I'm speechless. Your photos are like paintings, so vivid! I want to reach into my screen and touch that dress, smell that bouquet, and feel that sun on my skin. You are so talented!

...came by from BlogRollers.

Alyce said...

I'm visiting via BPOTW. Those are lovely photos!

Gombojav Tribe said...

Lovely!

(visiting via BPOTW)