WELCOME

This blog follows both my personal and professional life, featuring my children, photography jobs, and of course, my love for animals. It's basically my own personal photo album combined with an information source for my clients. This site is very informal and allows me to share a little bit of my personality with you. :)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yellowstone National Park - September 2009 - Day Two of Family Vacation

Here is day two of our trip...We saw a lot of wildlife - a bull elk, bison and mr. Coyote - well and some more, but they were too far away to get any good shots of.

Matt and the kids in an old tree...
The hot springs
One of the many waterfalls in Yellowstone National Park
I love lily pads
Mr. Coyote
A close up of Mr. Coyote
Some stupid idiot was standing with his girlfriend at this hot spring when I got out of the car to take a picture and he said "I wonder how hot it is." I said "Well, it's boiling. Why don't you touch it?" so he goes over and sticks his hand in the water afterwards quickly pulling it out and says "I think it was about 173 degrees." What an idiot!!!
White Dome Geyser
Mr. Bison
I wish I would have had an HD Neutral filter on this one...it would have been much better...
Mr. Elk eating the tree
Mr Elk rubbing his horns...

And my personal favorite of Mr. Elk...
"Where did everybody go?"
My sweet Hailey...
Make sure to come back for more from our end of the summer family trip to Yellowstone National Park...including Mr. Grizzly bear!
To view more of Melissa Papaj Photography's work got to my Salt Lake City, Utah Wedding Photography Website here!

15 comments:

David said...

Just beautful! I need to get get there some day, soon! Do you know where I can get a really big zoom lens, for a Nikon? ;)

Natalie | The Bobby Pin said...

Beautiful!!! I love Yellowstone. I grew up in Utah. It is amazing to watch Yellowstone renew from the fire too

Stopping by from SITS

Denise said...

Stopping by from SITS to say HI!

Denise said...

Stunning photos! Stopping by from SITS to say HI!

Cassie said...

I can't believe some people and hot pots...yeah, it's HOT!!!...they should just jump in! Beautiful work!! Love every pic!!

Unknown Mami said...

These photographs are stunning. You have a gift!

satakieli said...

What beautiful photographs! The gorgeous light in them too, I wish it wasn't so constantly overcast here in Germany!

I've never seen a coyote in real life nor a hot spring. Maybe one day when we move back to the States. I'm british originally, we don't have such exciting things in England, lol.

Stopping by from SITS, Have a wonderful weekend!

Denise said...

You really, really have talent. Wish I had an eye like this.
Even just to take better photos of my grandson. They ALL look alike!
Stopping by from SITS to say Hi!
I am adding you so I can come back & read more!
Please stop by!
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/

Eva Gallant said...

Your photos are amazing! But I also love the one of the bride and the bridesmaids in red dresses in your header.

Louise said...

What beautiful photos, and what a beautiful place! I love the coyote and the one with the three faces at the start. The little chap at the bottom made me chuckle! Greetings from Italy via BPOTW.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

WOW! Your pictures are amazing!! We went camping there once when I was 7 months pregnant with my first baby. Talk about being sore!

Debbie in Nashville said...

Your photographs are amazing. Reminds me of our family vacation when I was younger. My parents drove us (3 kids) out west for 3 weeks. It was beautiful but your photos capture it better than I remember it!

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day!

MissKris said...

What GORGEOUS photos! I especially love the one of your little Hailey. Sigh...if only I'd pursued my love of photography that I'd had in high school! This is a beautiful blog.

hummer said...

Love your photography, especially the feeling of being there that comes across.

SOULBLOGGER said...

this is awesome photography i wish i would be able to do 10% of what you have done

awestruck by the magnificence