WELCOME

This blog follows both my personal and professional life, featuring my children, photography jobs, and of course, my love for animals. It's basically my own personal photo album combined with an information source for my clients. This site is very informal and allows me to share a little bit of my personality with you. :)

Friday, March 12, 2010

Five Things I Learned at WPPI

I had a good friend and fellow photographer who requested I list some of the things I learned at WPPI this last week and I knew some of them, but it was just nice to have a refresher and affirmation of some of the things I was already thinking along with a few new ideas on how I can improve as a photographer.
1 - Be Different - Each of us are different in our own way, so take what makes you different and make the very best of it. Know your strengths and build on those.
2 - If it's easy, it wouldn't be profitable or worth it - anything in life worth having takes work (sometimes a lot) to get it.
3 - Brides are choosing photographers, not photographs. Sell the realtionship and be a pleasure to work with.
4 - Emotions sell your work not your pricing and if people are looking for only pricing they're not the right client for me. I don't give cheap service or product, therefore I am not a cheap photographer.
5 - Find something, anything to leave a piece of your heart with the client. They choose you to share in the most important day of their lives...make sure you take out the time to leave a piece of your heart with them.
Feel free to ask any other questions or offer your insight as to anything you learned recently or while at WPPI.

View more of Melissa Papaj Photography's Utah Wedding photography here.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Love all of this! And agree 100% with all of it. Man I soooo wish that I had been able to go. Share more!!! :)