WELCOME

This blog follows both my personal and professional life, featuring my children, photography jobs, and of course, my love for animals. It's basically my own personal photo album combined with an information source for my clients. This site is very informal and allows me to share a little bit of my personality with you. :)

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Miss Davis County Pageant Headshots - August 14, 2010 - Farmington, Utah

For the past few weeks I have been busy photographing some very special women and I would love for you to meet them - the Miss Davis County Pageant Contestants - PLEASE come out and support them the night of August 14th, 2010 at Davis High School at 7:00 p.m. for a night full of talent, intelligence, glamour and beauty. Believe it or not, I competed for this exact pageant 11 years ago this summer - some of my best memories in this exciting journey called life. I have had a few people ask me why I chose the use my talent as a photographer in the pageant world and I thought I would answer it here. I have never learned more about myself in a shorter amount of time than I have when I have competed in a pageant and would love to someday compete again. So many people have this stereotype of "It's all about beauty" or "It's so superficial". I want to end that thought process right here and right now because pageants are an amazing time to discover the beauty we hold inside our hearts as strong, independent women with amazing talents and service to offer to our communities. These women have amazing platforms and are out there on a daily basis doing everything they can do to change the world in soooo many ways. I just hope that they realize the importance of what they are out there doing and realize it is not about the crown...to win the crown would just be an added bonus!
.
It's not the title, nor the crown that counts.
It's not the weight that's lost that really amounts.
It's not the make-up design, or the gown that you wear,
Or the shape of your build or the length of your hair.
You see, the growth of a Queen is all done inside.
It's nothing support hose or make-up can hide.
The real preparation is done in the mind.
It's leaving your fear and your faults all behind.
It's lifting your soul to a place that's far seen.
It's molding a woman to the height of a Queen.
It's hard and it's work. It's not easily done.
But when it's over, you'll know who has won.
When the pageant is through and the lights are turned down.
You'll know you're a winner and you will have your crown.
You see, all crowns are made different, It's really an art.
Yours can be rhinestones or the growth of the heart.
.
-Deborah Boone Carmody Mrs. California US 1993
.
BIANCA


CARLY


CIERA


DAYLAN


HOLLY


KARA


KENNEDY


McKENZIE


MEGAN


SHELBY


STEPHANIE


TIFFANY